"easy to digest"
- 3 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups (no onion or garlic) vegetable broth- Fody
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- black pepper
- Measure the flour, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt into a small bowl . Place the tomato paste, broth and flour near the stove .
- In a medium pot over medium heat, heat the oil until drop of flour mixture sizzles in pan (about 2 minutes).
- Pour in the flour mixture. While whisking constantly, cook until fragrant and slightly deepened in color, about 1 minute. Whisk the tomato paste into the mixture, then slowly pour in the broth while whisking constantly to remove any lumps.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, whisking often, for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit and a spoon encounters some resistance as you stir it. (The sauce will thicken some more as it cools.)
- Remove from heat, then whisk in the vinegar and season to taste with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Add more salt to taste
"Works for Pozole as well"