Low Fodmap Lemon Bars
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour (the blue bag)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
Optional: Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- For the crust: In a medium bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups flour and ½ cup sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly. Then add 3 tablespoons water and mix. (I sometimes use a food processor – pulsing crust ingredients together until crumbly.) Press mixture into the bottom of the greased pan.
- Bake crust for 20-22 minutes until set and kind of puffy looking. (Note: Gluten-free crusts don’t usually brown like wheat-based crusts.)
- For the lemon topping: While the crust is baking, whisk together eggs, lemon juice, 1 ½ cups sugar, and ¼ cup flour until smooth. Pour evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes more or until lemon topping is set. (To test doneness, I put an oven mitt on and gently shake the pan to see if the center no longer jiggles.) Remove baked bars from oven and cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Dust with a sprinkle of optional powdered sugar. Slice into 16 pieces and serve.
Storage: Cover leftover bars and refrigerate for up to a week.
"Gluten Free tastes the same"