Low Fodmap Chicken Chop Suey
"easy on the tummy"
- 1.5 tbsp garlic infused olive oil / divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 rib celery, thinly bias-cut
- 3 small carrots, peeled and thinly bias cut
- 1 1/2 cups Low-FODMAP Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 – 5 oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions (green parts only), thinly sliced
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Stir-fry chicken until no longer pink inside (about 5 to 6 minutes). Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to skillet. Stir-fry the celery and carrots until crisp-tender (about 3 to 4 minutes) over medium-high heat
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the chicken broth. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, dry sherry and cornstarch. Slowly add the mixture to the skillet while stirring constantly. Add the chicken back to the the skillet, along with the water chestnuts. Simmer mixture until thick and bubbly and vegetables are cooked to desired tenderness. Serve over rice with green onions sprinkled on top.
"serve with rice"