Low Fodmap Chicken Stir Fry
"easy on the tummy"
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes plus maybe a little extra depending on your seasoning preferences
- 1 bag frozen stir fry mix 9 carrots, water chestnuts, broccoli, snow peas, etc,)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil as optional topping
- 3 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice or more depending on how many people you are serving
- Whisk together the cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Be sure to mix the ingredients until they are very well combined.
- Add the chicken pieces stirring them thoroughly to coat the chicken in the sauce. Set the chicken aside for and marinate for a few minutes
- while marinating , prepare white or brown rice for cooking .
- Heat 2 tbsps of garlic-infused olive oil until it is simmering . Use tongs to remove your chicken from your marinade and place the chicken onto the pan. Stir fry the chicken until it is just cooked through, about five minutes.
- Add in frozen stir fry vegetables and stir fry until hot.
"serve with rice"