Chicken Red Curry
" Makes a great rice bowl"
- Ingredients Shrimp
- 1 tbsp canola oil (or peanut).
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp ginger (minced)
- 1-2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 large sweet potato (cubed)
- 8 oz fresh green beans
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced ito 1/4 inch pieces)
- Juice from 1 lime.
- 1 tbsp fish oil (optional)
- cilantro (chopped) for garnish.
- Siracha / Hot sauce for heat (1-10 drops)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and ginger and sauté for about 5 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Add the curry paste, cook for a few minutes, then stir in the coconut milk and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the sweet potato and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans and chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce, if using. Serve over steamed brown rice, garnished with cilantro or basil, if you like.
- Add siracha sauce for heat to taste (be careful-hot stuff)
"Serve with rice in a bowl. You can subsitute chicken with shrimp "