"Wonderful chocolate souffle made with Grand Mariner and heavy cream"
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 large egg yolks
- Grand Mariner Sauce (see below)
- Ingredients-Grand Mariner Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Grand Mariner (or Amaretto)
- 4 OZ SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE finely chopped
- In a small sauce pan heat cream and butter
- Add Grand Mariner whisk and bring to a boil
- Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate pieces until all chocolate is incorporated .
- Serve with soufflé
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Butter 4 ramekins and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar each
- Melt chocolate in micro wave (1 minute at a time)whisk occasionally.(Or melt in metal bowl set over pan of simmering water).
- Whisk the egg yolks onto the chocolate one at a time, add Grand Mariner whisk in remaining sugar
- Whisk the egg yolks onto the chocolate one at a time.
- Add Grand Mariner and whisk in remaining sugar.
- fold in egg whites and blend until a smooth batter
- Pour the mixture into ramekins.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove an poke hole in top with fork and pour in and over the chocolate sauce and powder sugar.
Serve with coffee