Mike's Whisky Peppercorn Steak
- 1 1/2 lb tri-tip (cut into thick steaks)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp whiskey
- 1 1/2 tbsp cognac
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried sage (toasted)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/2 tsp + brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- Rub steaks with garlic
- Coarsely crush peppercorns and press into both sides of beef.
- Place beef on Broiler or Barb Q with pan to catch the drippings and cook to desired doneness .
- Measure pan drippings and add enough water to equal 1/2 cup .
- Pour in sauce pan with liquor, mustard and sage.
- Boil until reduced by 1/3 (two minutes) add flour and thicken .
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter and sugar then spoon over steak.