Mom's Sugar Cookies
"We grew up getting these cookies only at Christmas time. These sugar cookies melt in your mouth"
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sift flour, soda and salt in one bowl.
- Combine eggs, vinegar and vanilla in a seperate bowl.
- Cream shortening until fluffy.
- Add all ingredients and mix together to form a dough (don't over mix).
- Drop and flatten out.
- Bake 400 degrees 10 -12 minutes.
Do not double batch