Potato Sausage(Potatis Korv)
Potato Sausage is a Swedish Christmas Tradition. The local butcher at Picketts Market used to make it using the Roxberg's recipe.
- 6 pounds beef ( not too lean)
- 5 pounds potatoes ( No. 10 can Irish whole potatoes with liquid drained
- 4.5 pounds of pork (not too lean)
- 2 large onions chopped
- 5 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon
- Cut beef and pork into medium sized chunks, leave potatoes whole
- Put these in pan
- Add seasoning and mix
- Add onions and mixe
- Grind everything at once
- Stuff into casins
- Cooking the sausage
- Put sausage in a skillet with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes.
Swedish tradition at Christmas