Ruth's home made from scratch dinner rolls. Can't find a better roll anywhere.
- 2-cups warm water
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 tbls salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Combine Yeast and Water, let stand 5 minutes until yeast is foamy
- Stir in butter, sugar and eggs
- Beat 1 cup of flour at a time until dough forms to stiff to mix.
- Kneed 5 to 10 minutes
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours (up to 5 days)
- Divide a form into 24 rolls and put in greased pan
- Put in warm place to rise double in size (about an hour)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Bake 20 -25 minutes until golden brown
- Brush with melted butter
A must for Thanksgiving Day.