Chicken Bisquit Pot Pie
When mom made this the whole kitchen smelled wonderful"
- 1 can Pilsbury Grands Biscuits 8 biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small package frozen veggie mix: carrots, peas, corn and green beans
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1-2 cups chicken broth adapt to your preference
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup regular size
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan heat the butter on medium heat. Add the veggie mixture to the pan and saute until the veggies are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and the Cream of Chicken soup.
- Let the sauce simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked shredded chicken to the mixture, stirring until the filling is well-combined. If the filling is too thick, stir in extra chicken broth.
- On a parchment lined sheet pan bake the biscuits for half of the time listed on the can for a "pre-bake". Take them out of the oven.
- Pour the filling into a buttered 13x9-inch baking dish. Top the filling with the 8 biscuits (partially baked), flip them over top to bottom to insure even baking on the other side.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
"Mom's comfort food"