Fondant Easter Eggs
- ½ CUP BUTTER , SOFTENED
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1lb extra fine powered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream (or canned milk)
- 1tsp. vanilla
- candied cherries and pineapples
- 4 oz.. of semi sweet chocolate
- 2 table spoons unsalted butter
- 1 square paraffin
- 5 drops vanilla
- & butter cream icing
- food coloring
- Beat cup butter or margarine until soft
- Add 1lb sugar, 4 tablespoons cream (or canned milk) and vanilla
- Add candied cherries pineapples, dates raisins, nuts.
- Work the fondant well with hands and shape into eggs using about 1/4 lb. more xxx sugar.
- Place in refrigerator until hard
- For chocolate Coating melt: chocolate, 2 table spoons butter and 1 square paraffin over hot water till soft, then add 5 drops vanilla.
- Dip eggs place on wax paper to dry.
- Decorate with extra fine powered sugar & butter cream icing
- Color with food coloring
Decorated eggs with our names on them were a traditional Easter Treat for us in the 1950's. Always the center of our Easter Baskets