"Kids will love them"
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamin
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix shortening, eggs, and 1 1/2 cups of sugar thoroughly.
- Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting and blend with cream of tarter, soda, and salt.
- Stir in and shape into 1" balls.
- Roll balls in mixture of cinnamin and sugar.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes (cookies puff at first then flatten out). Makes 4 dozen