Ruth's Creme Wafers
"Kids will love them"
- Ingredients Wafers
- 1 cup butter or shortening
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 cups flour
- granulated sugar
- Ingredients / Prep Filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk (almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Tint with red & green food coloring.
- Blend all together
- Preparation Wafers
- Measure flour dipping method or sifted.
- Mix butter, cream & flour thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll chilled dough 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch round (you can use any lid )
- Transfer to waxed paper, heavely sprinkled with granulated sugar (coat both sides)
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and poke in 3 places with a fork.
- Bake 7- 9 minutes or till slightly puffy.
- Put cooled cookies together with filling.
- Makes 5 dozen.