Baked Potato Soup
Easy to fix and great tasting soup
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well, gradually add broth.
- Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil.
- Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.
Serve with Garlic bread and salad.