Sonja's Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
"family favorite at gatherings"
- 36 + 6 chocolate creme filled cookies (Oreos) -
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 + 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8oz + 8oz whipped topping (thawed)
- 30 mini peanut butter cups or 8 large cups
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large package chocolate instant pudding.
- Crush 36 cookies and mix with melted butter.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in half (8 0z) of whipped topping.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with peanut buter cups.
- In another bowl, beat milk, pudding and 1/2 cup powdered sugar on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over peanut butter cups.
- Crush remaining 6 cookies and sprinkle over top.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.