"Hearty and Healthy"
- 2 cans (15oz) canneloni beans or 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can canneloni.
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15oz).
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large potato (peeled and diced)
- Small Zucchini (diced)
- 2 small carrots (peeled and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 28 oz chicken stock (1/3 less sodium)
- 3/4 cup small elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Splash of wine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chop and dice all vegetables
- Put oil in dutch oven add onion, carrot, garlic, and celery and saute until onions transparent.
- Add chicken stock, tomato, all vegetables and spices except parsley.
- Cook med-high while stirring occasionally until potatoes & carrots cooked (approx 20-30 min.).
- Add macaroni, parsley, wine, cook till macaroni is done (approx 10 min.).
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
"Serve with garlic bread"