- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/3 cup El Pato tomato sauce (yellow can) for hotter rice add more el Pato.
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken stock.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp season salt (or more to taste)
- Optional: add 2 tbsp of homemade salsa.
- Heat oil in skillet
- Pour in rice and stir until brown (approx 5 min)
- Pour in water , tomato sauce and chicken stock.
- Add seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
Great side dish