"healthy Mexican alternative"
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into 1" cubes)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 package fajita mix
- 3/4 cup water (for mix)
- 1 large bell pepper - use red, green or yellow, or a combination (sliced)
- 1 large red onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 large tomato (cut into wedges)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
- flour tortillas (med size)
- 2-3 tbsp canola oil.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil with garlic add chicken and saute on med heat for 5-7 minutes browning all side.
- Add onions and peppers and saute for 4-5 minutes on med heat
- Add water to fajita mix, stir and add to pan.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes - stirring twice.
- Heat tortillas , fill with fajita mixture and top with avocados and sour cream.
Serve with salsa and Mexican rice