"light and decadent"
- Olive oil spray
- 16 (1 lb) large sea scallops
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt (halved)
- Juice of 1 lemon (halved)
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp white wine
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray 8 x 10" oval baking dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Pat scallops dry and spritz them with a little oil and season with 1/8 salt.
- In a small bowl combine panko, Parmesan, parsley, oregano, 1/8 tsp salt and black pepper to taste.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer on the prepared dish. Top with the crumb mixture.
- Whisk half of the lemon juice, melted butter, and white wine and pour over top of scallops.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- set oven to broil to high and broil on 2nd rack until topping is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Squeeze rest of lemon over scallops and serve.
"Easy to make"