Liz's Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
"a favorite at family gatherings"
- 1- pound box elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 carrots (peeled & shredded)
- 1/4 cup onion shredded
- 2 1/2 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- While macaroni is still hot, sprinkle on vinegar and add carrot and onion. Toss together until well combined. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together mayo, milk, and sugar.
- Fold mayonnaise mixture into the macaroni until all the noodles are evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours ( or overnight). Gently stir before serving (adding a little more milk if needed).
"A favorite at family gatherings"