Mushrooms & Parsley
"Hearty and Healthy"
- 1 lb mushrooms (cleaned & sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (whole)
- red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Saute garlic over medium-low heat 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the garlic and set aside or discard it if you don’t want to eat it. Add the mushrooms into the pan and turn heat to high. Cook for 2 minutes or so then add a touch of kosher salt to aid in water release.
- As the mushrooms cook they will start to release their water (should take about 3-5 minutes).
- When the water evaporates the mushrooms will get nice and brown from the high heat sauteing process.
- After the mushrooms are brown (about 2 minutes of cooking after water release), add in the fresh parsley and optional 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes. Season with a touch of kosher salt to taste.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle some good quality extra virgin olive on top and if desired add back the garlic.
Great side side or over angel hair pasta