Jan's Mac and Cheese
- 16 oz elbow macaroni (cooked Aldente')
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups half & half
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, & paprika
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter (for crumbs)
- Pre-Heat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large pot over medium heat make a roux with butter & flour
- Add milk, cheese, and half & half, stirring constantly.
- Stir in seasoning and macaroni heat until cheese is melted.
- Pour mixture into buttered 3 quart 9x13" pan.
- In a separate pan brown panko crumbs in 3 tbsps of butter and sprinkle over mixture.
- Sprinkle additional paprika on top.
- Put in oven and bake for 30 - 40 minutes (until bubbly)
Great Side Dish or by Itself