Birthday Boston Cream Pie
"Ron's Special Birthday Cake"
- 1 box yellow cake mix (eggs, oil, & water per directions)
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding.
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsps milk (cold)
- 1 oz bakers unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preparation - Cake
- Make yellow cake per directions on box and pour into 2 greased 8" or 9" round pan and bake as directed. Let cool completely
- Beat pudding and 1 cup cold milk for 2 minutes with whisk ; stir in Cool Whip.
- Turn cake out onto plate. Top one layer of cake with pudding mixture.
- Carefully place other cake layer on top.
- Ice the top of the cake (icing recipe below), letting it drip down the sides.
- Keep refrigerated
- Preparation - Icing
- In small bowl melt chocolate and butter in microwave (1 minute or less, don't burn).
- Add 2 tbsps milk and powdered sugar and stir until smooth.
Great for any occasion