Alice's Blueberry Pudding Cake
From Alice's new cooking class.
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1/3 cup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- Generously grease 8x8 square pan and preheat oven to 350.
- Mix berries, cinnamon, zest, & lemon juice in a bowl and put to the side.
- Mix 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk in the 1/2 cup milk, 3 tbsp melted butter, & 1 tsp vanilla extract until batter forms. The batter will be thick. Set aside.
- Mix 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt together and set aside.
- Pour blueberries into bottom of greased 8x8 pan.
- Pour batter over top of blueberries and spread out with spatula until berries are completely covered.
- Sprinkle cornstarch/sugar mixture over top, using all of the dry mix.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over the top of everything.
- Bake in 350 over for 35 – 45 minutes, until batter is completely set.