Jalapeno Cheese Ball
Great for the Super Bowl
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 6+2 (8oz) ounces finely shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 8+4 (12oz) ounces bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 packet dry ranch seasoning (¼ cup)
- 3+1 (4) jalapeños, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, 6 ounces of shredded cheese, 8 ounces of bacon, 3 minced jalapeños, and ¼ cup of panko crumbs.
- Spoon the mixture into a large piece of plastic wrap, then pull the sides up and wrap it tightly, forming a ball.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until slightly firm.
- On a large plate, combine the remaining shredded cheese (2oz), bacon (4oz), jalapeños (1), panko bread crumbs, and sliced green onions. Remove the cheese ball from the plastic wrap and roll it in the mixture, gently pressing the ingredients into the cream cheese mixture to stick.
- Transfer to a serving plate; serve with crackers, pretzels, bread, veggies, or any of your favorite dippers!
Serve with crackers / bread