Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Ingredients Chicken
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2-3 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 12 oz Beer (0% ok)
- Preparation Chicken
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Coat the chicken in canola oil in a large bowl before adding the spices. Stir to evenly coat.
- Method A: Set Insta-Pot to saute and let the pot heat up. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 2-3 minutes to develop color before flipping and cooking an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the beer and make sure none of the chicken thighs are stuck to the pot.
- Method B: Heat oil in a skillet on the stove. Cook chicken each side for 2-3 minutes. Set Insta-Pot to saute and heat up before adding beer. Add the chicken and seal.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes on high (it will take about 5 minutes to heat up). You can vent immediately. Chicken thighs need to have an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove the cooked chicken and shred. Reheat Insta-Pot with sauté function to cook down the the remaining liquid .
- Spoon some over the shredded chicken and mix.
- For crispier chicken broil in oven on a baking sheet for few minutes then add liquid.
Serve on small corn tortillas with chopped cilantro, sliced cheese, and diced onion, avocado, tomatoes, and salsa.