Marisa's Salmon Florentine
From Masia de la Vinya Winery
- Ingredients Meatballs
½ cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 4-8 oz Baby mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preparation meatballs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a small-rimmed baking dish with parchment paper.
- Rub bottom of salmon with olive oil and place skin down on parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes, depending on size and thickness of your salmon piece. Remove from oven once cooked.
- While salmon is cooking, heat a large pan over med heat.
- Add oil and onions, sauté until transparent.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and spinach. Cover and let spinach cook down, stirring occasionally.
- Once spinach is cooked, drain off liquid (from mushrooms and spinach) Return to stove and add wine and simmer for a few minutes to cook off alcohol.
- Add heavy cream and mix well
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes, stir and cook for a few minutes.
Add spinach and mushroom mixture to cooked salmon, over the top.
Serve with a small dinner salad