Chili Verde with Nopales
Wonderful mexican stew with tomitillos and cactus"
- 1 pound tomatillos (husked and rinsed)
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 2 poblano chiles
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 jalapeños diced
- 3 bunches of cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 1/2 chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preperation-Tomatillo Sauce
- roast,peel,and seed chiles
- heat olive oil in large frying pan
- add garlic and onion, cook until transcucent
- Add tomatillos, jalapeno, poblanos, green chiles,cilantro,oregeno, and chicken stock
- simmer 20 minutes
- remove fromheat, let cool for ten minutes
- puree in blender.
- Preperation-Pork and Nopales
- heat oil in a large skillet
- sear meat until light brown
- add 2 cups of water and salt and simmer until pork is tender (about 20 minutes)
- Removefromheat and set aside
- In a seperate pan bring 1 quart of water to a boil
- add nopales and simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the tomiatillo sauce and nopales mixture to the pan with the pork.
- simmer for 15 minutes
- add salt and pepper to taste
- serve with warm tortillas
serve with warm tortillas and refried beans