Jan's Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
"Easy to make - melts in your mouth"
- 2-3 lbs chuck roast or 7 bone roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup + 1 can of water
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 5 cloves garlic ( peeled and halved)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Season salt
- 4-5 potatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- Peel carrots and potatoes and cut into smaller chunks.
- Rub both sides of roast with a liberal amount of season salt and pepper.
- Cut slits in roast and insert garlic cloves evenly distributed around the roast.
- Using large foil line the bottom of a roasting pan, leaving enough to wrap the roast.
- Place roast in prepared pan and place carrots and potatoes around the roast.
- Mix onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, water and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over roast and vegetables.
- Bring up ends of foil and seal tightly.
- Roast for 3 - 3 1/2 hours (165 degrees internal temperature).
This roast makes its own gravy