"Quick and easy recipe tastes great"
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 large onion
- 5oz tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 5 cups chicken less sodium broth
- 7oz can green diced green chili
- 25oz can hominy (drained)
- approx 2 lbs country ribs (2-3}
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 bunch cilntro
- Preperation- Pork (at least 3 hours in advance)
- Season all sides with garlic powder and pepper
- Sear ribs in 1 tbsp oil on all sides.
- Put in baking pan cover tightly with foil and bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours.
- Pull apart with fork (shred)
- Preperation- Posole
- Finely dice onion and add to pot with 4 tbsp oil.
- Saute' onions for 3-4 minutes at medium heat (until translucent).
- Add chili powder and flour and suatee for another 1 1/2 minutes. the mixture will get dry so stir constantly (don't burn)
- Add water, tomato paste, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and red pepper flakes to the pot. whisk until mixture comes to a simmer and thickens a bit.
- Add chicken broth, pork, hominy, and diced chiles. Stir mixture and simmer for 20 minutes
- Serve diced cilantro, lime wedges, and diced jalapenos (optional) to top off bowels.
serve with tortillas or chips