Easy Chili Verde (Insta-Pot)
"Cook time only 50 minutes"
- 3-4 lbs pork shoulder (or country style ribs) cut into 2" cubes - trim fat
- 2-15oz can chopped green chilies
- 1-3 jalapenos (for medium to hot)
- 1 16oz jar green salsa
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Preparation- Pork
- Cut pork into 2 inch cubes and put in a bowl.
- Add diced onions, garlic,salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano and mix well.
- Empty into large frying pan with 2 tbsp of oil and saute until browned on all sides. You can saute in insta-pot but do small batches (I find it easier to do in a separate pan)
- Add to Insta-Pot
- Preparation - Chili Verde
- Add all ingredients except cilantro to insta-pot and stir.
- Seal lid and pressure cook (high) for 30 minutes.
- Let naturally vent or after 10-15 minutes slowly release steam.
- Remove pork into a separate bowl
- Add minced cilantro to the pot and blend all with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add pork back to the pot, stir and serve.
Serve with tortillas, beans and rice