Chili Verde (Insta-Pot)
"Cook time only 35 minutes"
- 4 lbs pork shoulder (or country style ribs) cut into 2" cubes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 6 garlic cloves halved
- 3/4 lb tomatillos husked & quartered
- 1 white med onion diced
- 2 large (6-8oz) anaheim peppers diced
- 2 large (6-8oz) Poblanos diced
- 2 med jalapenos diced
- 7oz can green diced green chili
- 1 tbsp oregeno
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Preperation- chilies
- Roast peppers on grill or in oven for approx 10 min.
- Place in air tight baggie / bowl for 10 minutes to steam
- Peel peppers
- Remove seeds and stems, and dice.
- Preperation - Chili Verde
- Set Insta-Pot to saute, add oil (or cooking spray) & wait 1 minute
- Add all ingredients except cilantro - stir & saute till sizzling (about 5 minutes)
- Seal lid and pressure cook (high) for 30 minutes.
- let naturally vent or after 10 minutes slowly release steam.
- Remove pork into a seperate bowl
- Add cilantro to the pot and blend all with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add pork back to the pot, stir and serve.
Serve with tortillas, beans and rice