Jan's Green Chicken Enchiladas
- 11/2 - 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 28 0z can Las Palmas mild green enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 16 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp and 1/4 cup cooking oil (divided)
- 6 oz. can sliced black olives
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or jack cheese, or blended
- 1 package corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce in bottom of 9" x 13" pan.
- Cut chicken into small 1" pieces and saute in separate frying pan with 2 tbsp of oil until done.
- Add to pan soup, sour cream, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, olives, and green chilies. On medium heat bring to a boil stirring frequently. Turn off heat.
- In a separate pan heat up 1/4 cup oil.
- Lightly fry tortillas in oil then dip in bowl of half of the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Fill tortilla with chicken mixture and a small amount of cheese, then roll and place seam side down in prepared pan.
- When full top with remaining sauce and cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.
Serve with beans, Mexican rice, and homemade salsa