Ron's Flying Saucer Tostadas
- 1 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cup iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- 2 cups canola oil
- 6 - 8 medium size flour tortillas
- 1 avocado (diced)
- Sour cream for topping
- Salsa for topping
- Fry hamburger with taco seasoning according to package instructions.
- Prepare vegetables and cheese and set aside.
- Heat beans in microwave or stove top.
- In a separate pan heat oil on high until a tortilla dipped in sizzles. Turn heat to medium-high and fry tortillas on both sides until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oil to a paper towel and soak up extra grease.
- Lay tortilla on plate. Spread a layer of beans and a layer of hamburger meat.
- Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, avocado, sour cream and salsa.
serves 4 - 8 people