Red Potatoes with Crème Fraîche
"Great side dish"
- 2 Lbs. small red potatoes (quartered)
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 2 Strips bacon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Boil potatoes in a medium pot until tender, about 15 - 25 minutes, drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- fry 2 strips of bacon (well done) and drain.
- Add butter and lightly mash potatoes to blend in .
- Add crumpled bacon, garlic, green onion, salt, and basil and lightly mix in.
- Mix in the crème fraîche, stirring and blending as you pour.
- Add pepper to taste
"you can substitute sour cream but it will change the taste"