Pesto/Shrimp/Artichoke/Hearts of Palm/Sausage
"Wonderful Italian dish everyone will love"
- 1 lb Italian sausage (quartered)
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled and de veined)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 can hearts of palm (halved)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (halved)
- 1/2 lb mushroom (sliced)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- cups chicken stock 1/3 less sodium
- 1/ tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Angel hair pasta
- Parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 1/2 - 1 cup spaghetti sauce (optional)
- Saute sausage in 3 tbsp olive oil, and 6 cloves of garlic (whole) over medium heat.
- Remove garlic when browned and add mushrooms and onions. Saute until soft and sausage done.
- Add drained hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, chicken stock and spices.
- Bring to a boil, then turned down heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Option: add pasta sauce of your choice for a more tomato flavor.
- Add shrimp and simmer for 2 -5 minutes (until shrimp is opaque).
- Serve over your favorite pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
"Serve with garlic French bread"