Easy Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- 1 jar red spaghetti sauce ( we like Classico basil or garlic)
- 1 medium bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced}
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Optional: small can olives (sliced)
- Optional: 1 jalapeno (canned - seeded and minced)
- 1 lb hamburger (low fat)
- 1/2 lb mushrooms
- Parmesan Grated cheese
- Pinch of salt (for pasta water)
- In a large frying pan brown hamburger. (scoop out grease but leave 2 tbsps )
- Add garlic, onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms and saute over medium heat until onions translucent and mushrooms soft.
- Add pasta sauce ,stir and heat until bubbling.
- Lower heat to simmer covered for 10 - 20
- In a large pot cook 8 oz. spaghetti noodles in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with hot water.
- Serve meat sauce over pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
"don't forget to add some garlic bread"