Green Beans and Bacon
"Great with chicken, steak or fish"
- 1 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 3 strips of bacon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (optional)
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for approx. (5 - 10 minutes should be cooked but firm).
- Remove and immediatley,drain and shock in a bowl of ice and water.
- In a frying pan cook 3 strips of bacon until crispy and remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Add green beans, almonds (optional) and mushrooms (optional); saute lightly for 5 minutes (don't over cook).
- Crumple bacon over geen beans mix and serve.
"Great side dish for any meal"