Jan's Kung Pao Chicken
"Tasty with a kick"
- Ingredients (per person)
- 2 lbs chicken breast (diced)
- 10 dried small red peppers
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (1/4 cup + 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (diced}
- 1 bunch green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cashews (or peanuts)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1/2 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and garlic in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk 1/4 cup soy sauce and corn starch
- Add chicken to mixture and coat well.
- in a large frying pan / skillet heat 2 tbsp sesame oil over high heat. Fry chicken pieces in small batches until lightly browned and cooked throughout.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil, ginger, cashews and vegetables to the pan. Stir fry for 2 minutes .Then add sauce and chicken. Mix well and simmer for 2 more minutes or until sauce has thickened and vegetables done.
- Serve over rice
"Use cashews instead of peanuts for a unique taste"