"Great side dish "
- Ingredients (per person)
- 2 cups rice
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water (1 + 1/2)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Rinse the rice several times in a medium sized pot until the water runs clear and drain any extra water. Next add the coconut milk, water, salt and sugar.
- On high heat bring mixture to boil. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down to low and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve.
- (optional) Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- (optional) Garnish with some chopped cilantro.
"pairs nicely with any dish"