Shrimp Stir Fry
- Sweet and Sour Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tbsp pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined ( jumbo )
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 2/3 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup zucchini ¼-inch slices
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil ( 1 + 1 )
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a bowl , mix honey, rice vinegar, soy sauce, pineapple juice and tomato paste with a wisk .
- Combine dried shrimp with salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and sesame oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high .
- Add the shrimp in a single layer, do not move for 1 minute. Stir and cook another 45 seconds. Place shrimp to a new plate.
- Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan, add the bell pepper and zucchini and Stir-fry for 2- 2.5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add Pineapple chunks and fry for 30 more seconds.
- Pour in the sweet and sour sauce, stir and cook until simmering 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water, then gradually add it to the center of the pan. Stir constantly until the sauce is thickened ( about 30 seconds.)
- Add the cooked shrimp, mix well and cook until shrimp is warm, 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve with sprinkled green onions and sesame seeds.
"Serve with coconut rice"