Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
"Jan's version of a classic"
- 4 French / Steak rolls
- 1 lb deli roast beef (sliced thin)
- 4 slices provalone cheese
- 1/2 onion (cut into strips)
- 1 bell pepper (cut into strips)
- (optional) 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Sautee onions, pepper and mushrooms (optional) in a large skillet with 2 tbsp oil.
- Put open faced rolls on a baking sheet, butter and toast in the oven.
- While toasting add roast beef to the vegetables and stir to heat up.
- Prepare rolls with whatever condiments you like and pile the beef mixture and cheese on the roll.
"Great for lunch or dinner"