Instapot Chicken Thighs
"Fall of the bone tender"
- 2lb boneless / skinless chicken thighs.
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Season the chicken thighs with paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sautee the chicken in in butter and oil using the instapot or a seperate skillet. Brown both sides for a 2 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and add the chicken stock, and deglaze scraping off any stuck brown bits to the bottom of the pot (if you used a seprate skillet pour sauce into the instapot).
- Insert a trivet, and put the chicken thighs on the trivet. Slightly overlapping is ok
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK setting and set the cooking time for 10 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 6-7 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, allow to naturally release the steam (for 8 minutes) for fall of the bone chicken, or quickly release the steam.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a serving plate, and to thicken the sauce to make gravy (optional), set the Instant Pot to SAUTE mode, and add 2 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoon of water. Add that to the sauce, and whisk until the sauce thickens. Have a taste and add more salt if needed.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and potatoes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.
"Great with mashed potatoes and peas"