Turkey Tacos Street style
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 2 green onion tails chopped (green part only)
- Fody taco seasoning (no onion or garlic) or make your own (1/2 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin. 1 tsp coriander) .
- 1 bunch cilantro - chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 1/2 avocado - finely diced
- Homeade salsa (no garlic or onion) see salsa recipe
- 15 - 20 small street size corn tortillas.
- Preparation taco seasoning
Heat olive oil over medium heat heat in a large skillet. Add in onions, ginger and saute until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add in turkey and cook, while breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned. add salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and add in the cabbage. Cook until wilted and mostly tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Return the cooked chicken to the pan. Stir in sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and sriracha. Season with salt and pepper and more sriracha as desired.
- Serve with rice
- Preparation tacos
- Add oil to pan and sautee onion greens for 1-2 minutes
- Brown ground turkey until fully cooked.
- Stir in taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of water.
- Bring to boil then turn down and simmer for 10 minutes
- Stuff heated tortillas with chicken, cheese, avocado, cilantro, tomato and salsa