Huevos Rancheros Verde
- Ingredients (per person)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 large potato (diced)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup leftover chili verde (recipe)
- 1/2 pickled jalapeno (minced)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Fresh salsa
- 2 corn tortillas
- Option: For classic huevos rancheros subsitute chili verde with red salsa simmered until hot.
- Fry potatoes and jalapeno in 2 tbsp of oil.
- Warm up leftover chili verde and refried beans while potatoes are cooking.
- Put potatoes, beans and 1 corn tortilla on plate
- Fry eggs over easy and lay on top of tortilla.
- Pour chili verde meat and sauce (or heated salsa for traditional) over eggs and potatoes.
- Top with salsa and sour cream.
"This is made with leftover chili verde or with red salsa"